Monday, June 3, 2013

Garland & Gould Talk Love & Curses

Debbie: Good morning all.
L.J.: Sorry, I’m late. Here’s your water. I’m glad the coffee shop had the brand you like. 
Debbie: Thanks. Today we are at the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas, to meet with Ben Walker. Ben will be featured in each book of our Cursed Ink series.
L.J.: Mmm…wow, this is amazing coffee!
Debbie: Focus, Laura!
L.J.: Right. Um, yes, our first book is Love & Curses, and it seems Ben has been a bad boy. He’s gotten himself cursed and now has to watch all these different couples get their happily ever after.
Debbie: But we’ll let him tell you more about all that.
L.J.: Absolutely!

DEBBIE: Well, hey, Ben. Good afternoon. Glad you could take the time to meet with us.
L.J.: Yes! Great to talk to you at last.
BEN: Ladies.(nods head) Always a pleasure to chat with you two.
DEBBIE: (turns to Laura and shakes head) Soooo, we’re chronicling your life here.
L.J.: And the stuff that happens around you. You know, to the people you meet.
DEBBIE: Right. So, readers want to know how everything started.
BEN: How what started?
DEBBIE: Weren’t you cursed or something?
L.J.: Yeah. How did that happen? I mean you had to have done something really bad….
BEN: (rolls eyes) You’re talking about Calista.
DEBBIE: Yes! Tell us about your relationship.
BEN: What relationship?
L.J.: The two of you dated, right?
BEN: Yeah, but there was nothing to it. I don’t do relationships.
DEBBIE: What do you mean by that?
BEN: Look, I'm young, in the prime of my life. Does it make me such a bad guy to shy away from commitment? There's a heck of a lot of fun out there to be had.
DEBBIE: (cocks an eyebrow) So, you just use women for your pleasure?
BEN: No, it's not like that at all. It’s always a mutual thing. You know…just sex.
L.J.: Riiiiight. And Calista?
BEN: A miscommunication. Plain and simple. I thought she understood the no-strings thing. She thought I wanted more. When we realized we weren’t on the same page, we called it off.
DEBBIE: That’s not how I heard it.
L.J.: Me either. But anyway, how did that turn out for you?
BEN: It was fine. We went our separate ways.
DEBBIE: And…?
BEN: Her screwy Gypsy aunt. The old lady had to get involved and did some hocus pocus curse on me. (shakes head) I don’t even believe in that stuff. But there has been a lot of crazy shit that’s started happening.
L.J.: Like what?
BEN: Well, I saw Calista almost get killed. Course her boyfriend—
DEBBIE: Husband.
BEN: Oh, yeah right. Well, he was her boyfriend when it happened. Anyway, he saved her. Barely.
L.J.: What else?
BEN: Weird lightning in a clear night sky. Umm…you’ll think I’m crazy, but when the old biddy was doing her mumbo jumbo stuff, I thought I was going to freeze to death. It was some strange shit for sure. But I don’t believe in curses.
L.J.: And how’s that working for you?
BEN: Fine.
DEBBIE: So you left New Orleans. Why San Antonio?
BEN: It was time to leave and I had a friend that had some extra room for me in his shop, so why not? Having a great time out here hanging with my bros.
L.J.: Anything strange happening there?
DEBBIE: Yeah. Any more lightning or freezing spells?
BEN: It’s all good. (grins) How ‘bout you, darlin’?
DEBBIE: What?
BEN: You free to hook up?
L.J.: O.M.G.
DEBBIE: (holds up hand) Engaged.
BEN: So, no knot has been tied yet?
L.J.: (leans toward Deb) I think he’s avoiding the curse subject.
DEBBIE: (laughs) Me too.
BEN: Nothing to avoid. There is no curse.
DEBBIE: You just keep telling yourself that.
L.J.: So, what about Calista. What happened to her?
BEN: Oh, she finds her love and has a happy ending.
DEBBIE: And you?
BEN: That's a totally different story altogether. You two put me through the ringer.
L.J.: Oh, we’re so sorry about that.
BEN: No you’re not.
L.J.: Okay. So, we’re not.
BEN: I guess I'll see in the next couple of stories what you two do to me.
DEBBIE: Oh, you will.
BEN: Just so you know, I'm holding out for my own book.
DEBBIE: Really?
BEN: Yeah. Figure it comes down to the count. See who wins. Me or the old Gypsy.
L.J.: Hmm…tough choice.
BEN: (snickers) In the meantime, Andy and Calista have quite the story to tell.
L.J.: That they do.
DEBBIE: Well, thanks for talking with us, Ben.
L.J.: Yes! It was all very…enlightening. Okay, I guess we'll be hearing more from you.
BEN: You bet you will.

Debbie: (watches Ben leave down the walk) Damn. How the heck are we gonna make him likeable enough for his own book. I mean, I know his is the last story, but he’s got some serious learning to do before he’s ready for that.
L.J.: Torture. Make him suffer. Eventually, he’ll see the light.
Debbie: Umm, he HIT on me!
L.J.: Of course he did! I’m not surprised one bit. I hope your man knows he’s one lucky guy.
Debbie: Well, duh. (chuckles)
L.J.: I’m outta coffee. Walk with me, chickie. I’ll buy you a cupcake or croissant or something.
Debbie: I’d rather have a daiquiri. We could take one of those boat rides down the river and talk about the evil ways we can torture good ol’ Ben. Whip him into shape. I have so many wicked ideas.
L.J.: What a coincidence. So do I!

More

Love & Curses
Cursed Ink Book 1

BLURB:
Calista Page always gives her heart to the wrong guy. The latest one gives her a tattoo before he dumps her to move on to his next conquest. As she falls apart from yet another failed relationship, her sexy, steadfast neighbor holds her. Why can’t she find a guy like him?
Successful restaurant owner, Andy Mitchell pines for the girl next door. Tired of being her go-to guy, he decides to tell her how he feels. But fresh off her latest rejection, he wonders if he can convince her that this time love will last.
“Death is after you,” Calista’s crazy aunt warns. After cursing the tattoo artist who broke niece’s heart, she fears the black magic has splashed over to her. Gypsy mumbo-jumbo or not, Andy’s instincts kick in, but with Death determined to take Calista’s life at every turn, can Andy unravel the secret of Love and Curses before it’s too late?

Genre: Paranormal romance, suspense/thriller, erotic romance
Heat level: 4
Word count – 18k
Cover art by TygraPro Designs

BUY:
ARe https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-lovecurses-1036532-140.html

1 comment:

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews