Monday, June 24, 2013

Meet Dana Littlejohn!

Hello everyone!

For those who don’t know me, I am Dana Littlejohn, author of sensual and erotic romance. I am a native New Yorker living happily in Indianapolis, Indiana. My husband and I are empty nesters and loving it. We travel and try to do all the things we wanted to do when our children were little. At the time we didn’t mind giving them all our time and making sure they did things because we knew when they were out the house we would still be young enough to do stuff and old enough to appreciate and enjoy them.

Though I still work a full time job, with just us at home and no children I have plenty of time to write. I have written many short stories and a few novellas, but I never had the time to concentrate on a full length novel. Earlier this year I finally completed that task. My first full length novel, The Fun House will be out in ebook and print this summer.

I truly enjoyed being a full time mother, but I must admit being a part time parent is so much more fun. I get to be Dana again, write as much as I want and hang out with my husband going places and doing things without worry of if we have the money or who’s going to watch the kids. LOL For those who aren’t there yet let me assure you that not only is there a light at the end of the tunnel it’s so bright you’re going to need shades! 

Thanks for stopping by to get to know me a little better. I would like to give you a peek into my first full length novel, The Fun House.

Blurb:
Diamond Jones hasn’t had the greatest luck when it came to the opposite sex so hasn’t dated for two years. Her best friend, Tia, comes to visit and decides that fun is going to be their top priority for the weekend. To achieve her objective, Tia enlisted Kain Williams and his friend Trey. Will the men help or hinder the women to obtain their ultimate goal? Or will Diamond’s biggest fears in life prevail?

Excerpt:
“Good evening, ladies. I am Cassandra.”
Cassandra’s fair skin looked pale against the bright red glasses she wore low on her nose. Her pale orange hair was twisted into an old fashion bun at the top of her head. The crimson satin trimming her black corset made the freckles on her face and shoulders stand out. A large ruby resting in the cleavage of her large breasts caught Diamond’s eye. It twinkled in the bright light of the room making her wonder if the jewel was real and not.
“Wow,” Diamond said, under her breath.
Tia whispered to her as they walked over to the woman. “I hope I look that good when we get older.”
“Thank you, Sissy, you may go now.” She reached over the desk and shook their hands. “Welcome to the Fun House.”
“Thank you. I’m Tia and this is my friend, Diamond.”
“Ahh, yes, the ladies Miss Jessie spoke of. Do you have the card? I’m sorry, but she won’t be here tonight. She said she’s caught up with something else and has asked that I extend her greetings and hospitality to you.”
Tia handed it over and the woman swiped the right bottom corner through another scanner. She looked up from a screen and smiled.
“Wonderful! Come, darlings. Let me take you to where you can change.”
Diamond’s eyes grew wide as Cassandra stood and led them through a door just beyond her desk. Now that she was away from her desk, they could see her outfit in its entirety. Along with the corset, she wore nothing but a matching thong, black thigh high stockings and patent leather stilettos.
Diamond stared at the walls embarrassed. Tia noticed her reaction and smothered her titters behind her hand while shaking her head. At the end of the long hallway, Cassandra opened the door to let them into a small locker area.
“The locks are hanging on all the lockers. The ones with the keys still in them are available. When you are done changing, follow the same hall back to my desk and I’ll have a guide waiting for you,” she explained, then left them alone.
“Well, this is different,” Diamond said in monotone.
Tia unzipped her shorts. “Different doesn’t mean bad.”
Diamond pulled off her shirt. “Yeah, well, I don’t think Joyce or Jessie lives here. I don’t think anyone lives here,” she added, panic tainting her words.
“No, I don’t think so, either. What I do think is if everyone is dressed like Cassandra, we will be grossly over-dressed in our tank top and biker shorts,” Tia told her with a laughing grin.
“That’s not funny. I’m not so sure about this, Tia.” She stopped undressing and sat on a bench.
“Lighten up, Diamond. I don’t think anyone is going to attack you. I don’t get that vibe in here. Let’s stay long enough to check it out, at least. If you really hate it, we’ll leave. Who knows, you may actually have a good time.”
“Well…okay. But when I’m ready to go, promise me we’ll leave.”
Tia threw her right hand in the air. “Yeah, yeah, yeah, scout’s honor. Now let’s go.”
“Yeah, right. Like you were any kind of a scout,” Diamond mumbled, finishing dressing before following her.
They retraced their steps. Cassandra beckoned them over when they emerged from the hallway.
“Come darlings. I want you to meet Isis. She will be your guide.”
Isis, a beautiful young, African American woman, wore a silky white toga type dress. The front hung low showing off impressive cleavage.
“Hello, ladies.”
“This is—” Cassandra started, but Isis held up her hand to stop her.
“Cassandra, please let them choose a name first and I’ll call them by that.”
“We have to pick another name?” Diamond asked, looking between the woman and Tia. “Why?”
“Because we prefer to protect the identities of those who wish their identities to be protected,” Isis explained, handing Tia a silvery mask. “Because of that, only the staff goes unmasked.” She handed her a black feathered one.
“Are we hiding?” Diamond asked nervously, accepting the mask.
“No, of course not. In this house, every fantasy and any fantasy can take place. Some people’s fantasies are a little wilder than others and they may be embarrassed by them.” She smiled. “They could be our lawyers…”
Tia and Diamond exchanged a look.
“Our doctors, teachers…” Isis continued.
Another look.
“Or even our next door neighbors and grocery clerks. They come here so they can watch, indulge, fantasize or just have an uncomplicated no strings attached sexual encounter and then go back to their everyday lives without being judged. It’s for them that we asked all visitors to wear masks.”
“I see your point,” Tia said adjusting the mask over her face. “I wish I could’ve chosen a cool name like yours. Do names often repeat in here?”
“Yes, of course. But just like outside it’s the person and the personality that makes me different from another Isis that is here.”
“Hmm, how about Delilah? I always thought that was a pretty name,” Tia suggested.
“It’s beautiful and what about you?” Isis said, turning to Diamond.
“I don’t know, I don’t think I can do this,” she replied nervously.
“Oh, come on, girl. We already discussed this. I promised,” Tia said, pouting.
Diamond let out an exasperated breath. “Oh, all right. How about,” she paused in thought. “Ruby?” she finally said and put on the mask.
“No, girl, uh-uh. Don’t use your mom’s name. That’s just nasty.”
“Yeah, you’re right.” She chuckled. “Okay, what about…Sapphire?”
“Hmm, I like it.”
“Good, shall we begin our tour?”
Isis took them down another long hallway. At the end, she pushed passed wooden beads serving as a door to the entrance of another room. She stood in the doorway giving them time to absorb the atmosphere. Delilah and Sapphire both gasped as they walked into what seemed like another world.
The dim lighting and intoxicating smell captivated her immediately. A small stage was erected along the back wall. A plethora of different color lights bounced off its polished surface as a woman danced. The music was loud enough for the dancer to hear, but not loud enough to drown out any normal conversation. Several chairs were stationed around it. Groups of tables and chairs filled with onlookers lined the wall.
To her right, a long buffet table stood guarded by a man dressed in only black shirt cuffs on his wrists, bowtie and a white apron. He smiled, but she turned away. Delilah tapped her, and pointed ahead of them to a lounge area. On a long couch sat four naked people kissing and pawing playfully at each other. At the end of the couch, a topless woman accepted a drink from a waitress, dressed in a black and white French maid outfit.
“Wow,” Sapphire whispered.
“Shall we go to the bar?” Isis stepped down the two steps into the room, not waiting for an answer.

Coming soon to Secret Cravings Publishing!

Interested in other books by Dana Littlejohn visit her


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews